CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Threads thru my Heart


Thursday, November 13, 2008

Karen "oh my gosh" Russell

Oh my gosh, I have a new idol. I took Karen Russell's 9 hour photography workshop this weekend and I am so pumped.  I learned so much and she inspired me to REALLY learn my camera.  I ordered a 50mm 1.4 lens for my camera before noon on Monday.  I can't wait for it to come in.  I still can't believe that she doesn't use flash. I am the flash queen. I use flash inside, outside, in the sun, in the shade, all the time.  This will really be a challenge. After listening to Karen, I think that using a wider aperture without flash could be the answer to fill in the gaps and bring it all together and force me to learn to use my camera to it's potential with confidence. You never know . . . I might even practice shooting in Raw. Wish me luck.

Here she is, up close and personal.  She is awesome. Wonderful personality. She is for REAL.



Monica, I just loved this picture of you.  Do you have one almost like it of me?

2 comments:

Kimo(don)2 said...

no- send it to me.........please. you know...we never have scrapbook pages of ourselves.....i am going to start a photography one to capture my journey............i'll use this as my opening page...thank you---see ya Wednesday

Heather Bares said...

it was a great class wasn't it??? I would love to get into her online class as well!!!!